Sunday, March 29, 2009

Greenhouse construction



We have finally pretty much finished the greenhouse. My sisters came and helped me put together the base and hoops, there were 3 moms and 9 kids working on it and we got it done in a short afternoon! Tom and I constructed the frame for the ends/doors and attached the plastic over the hoops. We now have just the doors to install. We have moved the chicks out to the greenhouse with the heat lamp and it is working well for that at night and then we bring them outside during the day or they get too hot. I am looking forward to getting some tables/shelves and raised beds added for growing things year-round. I got a 4' fluorescent light from a friend so can start some things out there tomorrow! The last pic here is taken at night of the greenhouse illuminated by the chick's heat lamp. I need to get the camera out there to get an inside pic once we have the doors on. It was a fun project that didn't cost too much and will hopefully be very useful in our garden venture!

No comments:

Post a Comment