Monday, March 2, 2009

March has arrived, "In like a lion..."

We had about a foot of snow that fell on March 1st through the morning of the 2nd. Here are some pictures of the beauty that swept over our yard and woods, covering the crocus blooms but also covering the mud and dirt and hiding from view all the To-Do lists that scroll before my eyes when I look out in the yard these days. We haven't had a snow like this in as long as I can remember here in Virginia... and we've been here for 12 years!
We all enjoyed it of course, and my happy seedlings are tucked away in the kitchen enjoying the light and warmth provided artificially. The peas had not popped out yet, we'll see when they appear.
The pics show the back yard where the veggie gardens will be, a rose bush with buds bent over into the snow (this is also where the crocus are buried), and my little frog wind chime near my corkscrew willow tree. I got some macro pics of the snow on the corkscrew branches too, those are on my photo blog.
The almanac predicts colder than average temps
through March but April should warm right up and be good with rainfall and temps. So, maybe the saying will hold true, and March will go... "out like a lamb."

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amber, This is tina from In the garden. I really like that Google Calendar you have on your blog. Does it work okay and better yet, easily? I think it great!

    I am glad the predictions for March and April are for good rains. I hope it extends to the summer too, I just can't take another year of drought and watering daily. The plants will probably all die:(

    Your comment was really funny this morning. I liked it. We love the humorous ones. Have a great day, probably a rainy one but hey, it makes the plants grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say, I know you have several blogs and you may not be interested in this at all, but there is a garden blog directory called Blotanical. A helpful website with lots of fun stuff for garden bloggers. Take care now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina! Thanks for stopping by. :-) The google calendar is wonderful. It works great. I highly recommend it and know it will be invaluable when I want to look back next year.

    No rain here today, maybe tomorrow? I am glad - still drying up the mud from the huge snowfall.

    Tell me more about blotanical? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete