Sunday, May 17, 2009

Roses




The roses are just beginning to bloom. This year I added 2 more bushes making the total 6 I think? The coral one is a rambler that we planted 10 years ago but has in the last couple of years begun to suffer from blackspot so has not been so pretty. I also have a red one and a pink one that Tom and the children got me for mother's day last year. There is a yellow one that we planted when Rose was born, died and was replaced a couple of years ago at the front of the house. Then this year I added a white climbing rose near the iris' in the side bed border and a pale pink one that we added to the rose bed near the driveway. I am looking forward to all the new buds opening up! I treated all of them this year with some pellets that are supposed to keep away black spot, fungus, and japanese beetles and other pets - we will see how it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment